Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fears

Isn't it funny to look back on the fears you had as a child? And to see what happened because of them?

Where I used to live in Smithfield about 8 years ago, we had a long dark hallway in the basement (of which I was afraid of at night). My older sister, Rachel, happened to be in the last room in the hall farthest away from the family room. Beka (another older sister) and I were sleeping in there one night when I was about 6 years old, and Rachel and Beka gave me the job of turning off a lamp in the family room that was left on. Note, this hallway during the nighttime is kind of creepy. Shaking, I ran down the hallway to turn it off. Well, I did so and I spun around to return. The only problem was that I had forgotten to turn on the hallway light on so I could see on my way back. In the rush to turn out the light and go back, I had also forgotten about the large cushioned stool that was sitting in the middle of the floor. Can you see where this is going? Well, as I was saying, I spun around to return and I crashed right into that stool and promptly fell rather ungracefully to the ground. Jumping back up, I frantically ran back to Rachel's room. On my return, I told what had happened and was greeted with laughter. And ever since then, it has been a source of hilarity between my sisters and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment